Posting Date: 10 April 2023 - Closing Date: 28 April 2023
Home Care Assistant
Key Roles and Responsibilities of the position
• Helping people with washing, grooming, dressing and feeding
• Organizing and carrying out work around the home (such as cleaning, laundry and shopping)
• Working with other care professionals to create and implement care and development plans
• Encourage and facilitate the autonomy, personal choice, safety preferences and independence of the individuals we care for, in all areas of their lives and where specified in their Person-Centered Support plans and Risk assessments.
• Assist clients in accessing recreational, social and medical appointments
• To safely and competently support people in taking medication in accordance with the care plan, completing all relevant documents where necessary.
• To support individuals to make decisions, in accordance with capacity to make those decisions and in line with any recording undertaken through the mental capacity act.
• To support individuals to maintain their rights, dignity, privacy and respect at all times.
• To ensure the client is safeguarded from all forms of abuse, escalating any suspected cases of abuse directed at the client or clients under the Carer’s charge.
• To support people with their personal care where appropriate and necessary, ensuring their dignity is safeguarded and respected at all times.
• To act as a keyworker if assigned.
• To establish and maintain effective working/professional relationships/boundaries and communications with the individuals who we support and their support network, including relatives, friends, advocates and other health care professionals.
• To follow, actively participate in and contribute to the Person Centered Planning process on a regular basis.
• Ensure effective and regular communication takes place with all other team members, including management.
• To attend all meetings (e.g. supervisions, team meetings) as requested.
• To ensure a consistency of approach in terms of support is afforded by other staff and outside agencies.
• To contribute to improving the quality of support / care provided through working with others.
• To ensure confidentiality is maintained at all times in respect of the individuals who we support and the company in general.
• To have a good working knowledge of all Company Policies and Procedures and to ensure that these are put into practice.
• To ensure that Company’s stated philosophy and ethics of excellence are implemented in practice within the service.
• To be aware of and adhere to Health and Social Care Codes of Conduct, Care Quality Commission Legislation and other national guidelines that promote best practice.
• To ensure that the principles of person centered working are apparent in all interactions with the people we support
• To ensure that all Health & Safety practices are adhered to at all times and report any hazards or potential hazards to your line manager.
• To undertake such other tasks as may be deemed appropriate to the post and the remit of the service.
• To undertake learning and development and personal development activities to ensure that skills are developed and maintained and are appropriate to the needs of the people who use our service.
Key skills for the position
• Basic literacy and numeracy skills
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Good organization and time management skills
Qualifications and Experience needed for the position
• NVQ Level 2 Health & Social Care or equivalent
• Completion of Care Certificate training
• Completion of in-house training